Warning: This post is saturated with photos
I had a pretty eventful Easter break this year. I had a fellow friend visit from Canberra, I ran into a primary school friend who was touring Melbourne, on the streets (literally), and I went on a roadtrip to Wilsons Promontory.
Attempting to bring Ming En around made me realise that I'm not that brilliant of a tour guide. Admittedly, I wasn't super well-prepared, and I really neglected pinpointing the places that would really intrigue a new visitor to Melbourne. Having stayed for almost 5 years, all that initial "cool stuff" has become relatively commonplace to me. I might have a dear friend visiting me in June/July, so it's time to start planning!!!
Anyway, while at a crossing on this fateful night, I turned around to show her something, and met the eyes of this tall guy behind me. Upon closer inspection and after a brief moment of bewilderment, we both realised that we knew each other from back in primary school. Pretty spectacular aye. We subsequently arranged to meet up for dinner, and I had a great time catching up with him.
I also gave him a bag of mochi balls I made! They turned out pretty good on the first attempt, and I made several improvements in my 2nd batch, which I brought along on the roadtrip. The feedback from my roommates and roadtrip pals was pretty good, so I guess it was a success!
Matcha mochi balls covered in coconut flakes, with a red bean centre
Of course, the biggest highlight of my Easter break was the amazing road trip I took with Hillary, Edwin, Jia Hui and a new friend, Tony. I'd previously went to Grampians with the first 4 and Rebekah (who's currently back in Singapore), and it was just as fun this time, the main difference being that Wilsons Prom is a pretty family-friendly place, while the trails and hikes in Grampians were a lot more challenging.
We also went fishing, and caught a small fish after hours of waiting! Halfway through preparing the fish for grilling, we found this "parasite" in its belly and freaked out majorly, wondering if it was actually safe for consumption. We eventually concluded that it was an insect that had not yet been digested, and ate the grilled fish anyway. #yolo
Just casually chilling with Chewbaca!
In my favourite corner of the cabin. It was so cozy, and we had so much fun bonding over meals
Just thought I'd include this photo where Hillary goes crazy in an effort to photobomb me bahaha
Above: So I was just trying to take a selfie when the lecherous waves decided to sneak up and smack me on the bum. Inappropriate....
As depicted in the photos, we also got to see a lot of wildlife up close, and that was a really amazing experience. We didn't manage to capture every moment, due to lighting constraints, but I thoroughly appreciated basking in the excitement and wonder. Some of these animals were so "boss-like", strolling up to our car in the middle of the road while we were driving back to the cabin at night. Some would be in the middle of crossing, but turn towards our car lights, seemingly striking a perfect model pose.
My blog content has been leaning towards serious issues recently, so here's an attempt at creating some balance with a light-hearted post :) Hope you guys had an awesome Easter break too!






























No comments:
Post a Comment