Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Mornington Peninsula Daytrip



So exams ended on Thursday, for me. I spent about a day cleaning up my messy room, and caught up with a friend for supper. Then on Sunday, I joined some of my law buddies and headed over to Sorrento, Mornington Peninsula for a day trip. I had an awesome awesome time, and my throat actually got a little strained from all the laughing. I've got a pretty loud laughter, which isn't very ladylike, but hey, I hope everyone's happy to take me as I am.

I'd shortlisted some walks we could do on Saturday, as the other girls were busy with work and boyfriends. We eventually settled on Millionaire's Walk, and a stopover at Johnny Ripe, a popular bakery, along the way.

Here's some photos of us at Johnny Ripe!








I am a serious and passionate foodie, so when Freda suggested trying out Johnny Ripe's famous apple pies, I was totally on board. We ended up ordering more than half of their menu, and I have to say that their pastries were just amazing. They served up the best vanilla slice I have had, and I really enjoyed their panna cotta, which came with a delicate and tangy jelly at the bottom. And the apple pies, oh boy were they delicious! I've so had it with those overly sweet and heavy apple pies, but this one was just delicate, light, and extremely delicious. It went down so well!

The sausage roll was also really good. The chicken pie was pretty decent, although I think the other dishes easily outshone it by a mile. The chocolate tart was so decadent and rich, and while I have always preferred light desserts, it was undeniably yummy.

I'd definitely recommend Johnny Ripe to everyone. If you don't have time to sit down for a proper meal, do still grab some takeway and a mocha. You won't regret it! Even its surroundings are beautiful and serene.





After lunch, we proceeded to get to Sorrento Beach, and look for the Millionaire's Walk trail. 






Happy girls by the sea












Getting to the trail was quite a tricky business, as the entry gate was extremely inconspicuous, and we actually missed it at first. Thankfully, an extremely helpful couple led us to an alternative entry towards the end of the trail.

It started off as a pretty ordinary walk, and I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed at the lackluster views, in contrast to what was promised. This was mainly because initially, there were trees blocking our view of the ocean and coastline. Then, we eventually came upon all these magnificent houses belonging to "Melbourne's Elite", and the view they enjoyed was just beautiful. We had a little fun joking about chipping in $50 each to pay for the deposit of some of those houses on sale. Ah, all the things you could do if you had tons of money.

















If you aren't a bird, I'm still gonna be a fabulous bird (the Notebook, anyone? Screw romance)



Ain't nobody got time for making pretty faces





We left Mornington shortly after finishing the trail, and headed back into the city for some Korean bbq. We also grabbed some gelato in Carlton after that. Overall, it was an amazing day and I really can't wait to do it again. The only insignificant downside was that I left my phone in Angela's car, in my haste to get out so she could rush home and talk to her boyfriend who would be away for a month. That sweet girl placed it with the Law Faculty Student Services the next day, so I could collect it after Negotiation class. Much love to you, Gela~

So I guess I'm back from my study hiatus with this update! The winter holidays are here, and I should have a lot more interesting stuff to blog about in July. I also just completed Day 2 of Negotiation and Conflict Resolution class, which has been an amazing, fun-filled and insightful learning experience so far. I might write about the things I've taken away from this course, later on.

So cheers to all, and I hope you're all having a good winter break too!

No comments:

Post a Comment