Maybe the most frustrating part of growing old to an adult is that everyone else seems so darn young! If I had a choice I would not want to grow any older than 25. But that's my thinking for now. I'd probably change my mind when I get older.
Children In Charge
by Dee Martin
We must be getting desperate
For people who can fill the ranks
Of doctors, lawyers, police,
Even presidents of banks.
When I was young, these pillars
Were imposingly mature.
Now it seems the practice is
To pick them younger every year.
And I have lots of things I don't want to do either!!! Ok, I'm retarded. But the poem below is rather special too, in my opinion. Press Alt F4 if you do not want to know or read any more of poems.
I Don't Want To
by Rosebud
I do not want to clean my room
I cannot close the door;
There's so much junk piled here and there
I cannot see the floor.
I do not want to cut the grass
It's almost one foot high;
And the weeds are so abundant
I just don't want them to die.
I do not want to get the mail
I haven't in many a day;
The box is probably full of junk
And many bills to pay.
I do not want to rake the lawn
I haven't since last fall;
There are plenty of leaves left over
Hidden in the grass so tall.
I do not want to do my work!
Have I got that clear to you?
I'll get it done some other day
Have I got that through?
No comments:
Post a Comment