Saturday, December 17, 2011

Finally home

Hey guys! I'm finally home and am updating after being MIA for so long. Feels good to be relaxing back in Singapore and catching up on the things that I missed out on. Spent the first week relaxing and sleeping and watching videos on youtube (again).

Yesterday evening, I met up with Nihal who's visiting for about a week or so. I need to get a better sense of direction; I kept getting lost and even Nihal knew the way better than me, despite having spent so little time in SG. I really don't like the new numerous exits at Orchard MRT Station. Okay so maybe they aren't so new and have been there for about 2 years or so but still, they are extremely confusing. So anyway, we had dinner at this mini food court and the food strangely reminded us of Palmerston dinner. Then we watched Puss in Boots which was AWESOME!

Puss in Boots is a great movie I'd recommend all people to watch! The first thing I noticed when purchasing the tickets were that it's rated PG instead of G, which I found kinda weird. Then I watched the show and realised why. Here're some spoilers:

"Humpty, you're not wearing any underwear!"
"Why, are you embarrassed? I'm not."

It kinda went something like that. Doesn't seem funny when you read it here but it's hilarious as hell when you watch it ;) and it's kinda touching too. The young Puss aka Furry Lover (my favourite nickname of the many names he's supposedly called) was just soooooooo adorable and precious. So was the Legendary Goose!

Speaking of purchasing tickets, I'd like to advise people never to randomly shout at a group of strangers that they're "GAY!", especially at the movies because it may earn you death glares and if you're unfortunate, you'll get a gang bashing. Just because it could be fun in Melbourne doesn't mean it's alright to do so in Singapore ^^

I'm really glad I got to catch up with Nihal yesterday! I learnt that results had already been released; I thought they were only out on coming Monday. We went around Orchard Road trying to find a computer and internet access to access my results, but to no avail. I was so anxious and afraid that I wouldn't like my score. Finally, when I reached home at a few minutes past midnight, I logged on to Tcole.

I did relatively well ^^ not fantabulous but good enough for me to be satisfied. I just thought of this random quote/phrase/whatever you call it - The happiest people are not the smartest or the most fortunate ones, but those who can find joy in everything they experience. I'd like to become someone like that. I'd like to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment