Thursday, July 5, 2012

Another time in another world

How you been guys? My holidays have started to become more interesting! I hope they continue to do so. Anyway, here's what I've been up to recently!

Finally got to meet up with my closest friends since sec school days! We ate out at Strictly Pancakes. The food there is fantastic.






My mum took one look at the photos I uploaded on Facebook (some as shown below) and commented that we haven't grown up a bit since we were 13 years old and fooling around in class. Puhlease, so many years have passed and so much has changed!!!



Left to right: Weixiang, Joon and me




Left to right: Weixiang, Joon, me and Rachel (Guan's friend)




Left to right: Weixiang, Joon, me, Guan and his friend Rachel







Weixiang looks so epic here that I just had to upload it. HAHAHA!












We ran into Dorothy and her friends at Strictly Pancakes as well! Haven't seen that girl in a while, can't wait to go out with her but she seems to be so busy recently!

Joon had to leave early to complete an assignment and so the rest of us went to Ion and 313 to search for Guan's new backpack. Look at what caught his eye in Zara. 



I actually really like it! I would buy it if it weren't that expensive. Hee hee hee.



Weixiang and I were so bored that we decided to camwhore while Guan and Rachel went searching for their stuff. Guan reckons that I look like the China revolution characters because of that cap I'm wearing o.O



Cool in sunglasses yo!



Everyone was making fun of my choice of top because the smiley faces looked like they weren't hole-punched properly. Rachel even said she felt like plucking them out! Hahahaha, I think smiley faces bring joy!




Weixiang and I left after that because he had to be home by 6pm for dinner, and I was meeting my family at Din Tai Fung in Paragon for dinner. The food there was good as usual, but I was so disappointed to learn that my fave dessert ever has been taken off the menu :( it was that almond tofu in longan juice dessert. We decided to give the newly introduced one a try - almond pudding with sesame coating.


To be completely honest, I didn't really like it. It wasn't as soft as I'd preferred. Nevertheless, the combination was good and the flavour was sufficient. It just wasn't what I was looking for.

The mango pudding had the same texture and it wasn't exactly very soft either, but it actually delighted my taste buds and I really loved it! The pieces of mango embedded in the pudding gave really good and natural bursts of flavour!




I've been helping to make dinner recently, which to be completely honest, is not my favourite activity, for various reasons. But anyway, it's nice eating with the family back at home.








I made oreo cheesecake! It didn't turn out as good as I wanted because I couldn't really get it to come out as a full cake after it was finished :( The family ate it straight from the pan instead. Fortunately, it tasted good (well, a tad too sweet) and I didn't feel so bad about it, muahaha!






It's mum's birthday today and I've been working on her birthday jelly cake since last night. Will put up the final product and birthday photos at night when everything's done! Whoa! That was a long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment