Saturday, June 30, 2012

Project Happy Holidays

Hi guys! Long time no update. Exams are finally over and the holidays are here~ 

So after my last paper, my family came over to Melbourne and we went on a road trip. Will be uploading a few photos here and there, soon, regarding the stuff I saw and experienced during the road trip.

I'm currently back visiting in Singapore and here's what I've been up to! I haven't really been going out a lot because all my friends are in school and they don't really have time for me. Ah well~ You gotta make do with what you have so here goes!


The Brownie Cake




I know it looks like a cake but I actually made brownies. I just couldn't find a suitable rectangular shaped container at home to bake the mixture in, so I used one in the shape of a cake. Hahaha! I therefore call it the Brownie Cake.

It didn't turn out as wonderful as I wanted it to be but it tasted rather good! Well, my brother praised it and he rarely says nice stuff about me so it must be good! He even brought a few pieces to school for recess. Weeee~





Pink Marshmallow Rice Krispies



These were really really sinful. I added too much butter so it was rather oily too. #lessonlearnt

Shall not repeat the same mistake next time!





Harry Potter Exhibition with an old friend

Nihal was in Singapore (just flew off to India for his holiday on Friday) so I joined him on Thursday and we went for the Harry Potter Exhibition at the Art Science Museum. It wasn't very big, but the detail was good.

Wanted to buy a lot of collectibles but they were so expensive!!! Here's what I got below.





These jelly beans are crazy. They come in the weirdest and most gross flavours, like vomit, rotten eggs, dirt, etc.

I paid like $20 for the photo below! Geez.









Really wanted to buy the Marauder's Map but it was priced at $60!!! I don't have that kinda money.









After we parted ways, I headed to Clementi Mall to hang out with Guan. We had ice cream and chilled at Baskin Robbins, chatting and catching up on each others' lives. Guan is a love guru! Joon and I told him that and he gave us the most hilarious reply ever: "This is called being a cannot-get-girlfriend guru. I'm damn good at the transition period. After that I don't know anything because I never get past that stage." AHAHAHA. (Haiyoh bro, your time will come, trust me. We're young.)

Was so bored during one of the nights that I started talking to almondboy aka Joel. He was talking about him cursing during driving and I sent him the following: 世界如此美妙,我却如此暴躁,这样不好,不好!I actually got this saying from Fengyu, in our younger days. Guan tweeted it recently and revoked those memories, hahaha. Anyway, this noobalmondcake probably hasn't been paying attention during Chinese lessons in the past and he didn't understand what it meant, at all. I didn't have anything better to do and I actually sent him a translation. LOL.





Finally got to hang out with my besties yesterday!!! Met them at Vivo after I brought my bro for his medical appointment. We ate at Kim Gary (Guan told me to ask him if he was surprised) and had that awesome almond tea. I love it to bits!




I ate Hong Kong styled baked rice with pork chops and it was rather good.






We're probably hanging out again on Sunday and this time, wx's joining us. Both the guys are bringing their dates! So exciting~ hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment