So what's down?
So my Semester 2 exams ended on 17th November, over a week ago. Unfortunately, gone are the days that all my problems and stress dissipate as soon as I get out of the exam hall. I am now facing the stark reality and the problems associated with being a soon-to-be university graduate. Instead of "jetting" away on a holiday, it is time to start sending out all those job applications, and by default, start receiving those rejections, and worse, not getting any responses at all :x
On the other hand, I do have things to look forward to in the near future. I have a 5 week internship lined up, one more law unit that I'm doing over the summer (a last shot at pulling up my WAM and GPA, as much as possible), and weekly volunteering at RILC. I am also scheduling driving lessons (woohoo! I'm finally learning how to drive at the ripe old age of 21).
What I've been up to
My good friend Jonathan turned 21 recently, and requested for me to give a speech at his 21st. I was rather apprehensive at first, because firstly, I am not a very funny person (in fact, I can be quite awkward and shy), and secondly, I just didn't want to be a total buzzkill at a party. Just as I said in my speech that night, he asked me to speak, I said no, he said please, and I said alright.
I went ahead with the speech because a promise is a promise, and I typed out a draft, then transferred it to my phone. On the actual night, I was so nervous walking up those steps to the stage, and totally lost visual focus of the text on my phone. I decided to put it away and make an impromptu speech. To my pleasant surprise, I did invoke quite a few laughs, and it wasn't a bad experience at all :) Happy birthday again Jono! Aren't you glad I didn't embarrass you?? :p
Also had a final lunch with him before he went off to Shanghai for summer exchange. Best of luck Jono!
Broke my Glasses, big whoop
I broke my glasses a few days ago by sitting on them. Yes, I know, totally silly and careless. I barely had this pair for a year, and it's time to bid it farewell. It's been a bit of a struggle without them functioning properly, mainly because I have such bad eyesight. I'm not exactly used to wearing contact lenses every day, and have found my eyes getting quite dry due to my extended hours of wearing them. I managed to order a pair from Bailey Nelson after much "glasses shopping", trying to find cheapest pair possible, and they should get here within the next 2 weeks!
Brunch, Food, Shopping and Fun
I managed to catch up with close friends after a month of alienating them during exam preparation (haha oops). Went out for some yummy brunch and much needed (window) shopping. Also tried queuing to get into the newly opened Sephora at Melbourne Central, but gave up after standing in the sun for 20 minutes. At least they gave out free bottles of water and passed around a tube of sunscreen! Thanks for being thoughtful, Sephora/Melbourne Central management :)
Moving Forward
A haircut is essential. My long hair is starting to seriously annoy me, and I plan to chop off a great deal of it soon!
I also plan on writing some more opinions in the near future, and posting them on this space. Have been looking around and reading up for some inspiration, so hopefully it strikes soon!
Thanks for reading my extremely useless and superficial update, I promise I'll get back to serious stuff soon. Happy holidays, everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment