At 9.15 pm tomorrow, I will be flying off to Melbourne. I've left Singapore countless of times since I was 16, but somehow I'm experiencing a lot more uncertainty and helplessness this time. I think I might be having a bit of cold feet. Frankly, I found it rather difficult adjusting back to life to in Singapore 4 months ago when I first got back. On the other hand, I've been quite productive all this while, and have been relatively pleased with my progress in Singapore. I've also had a wonderful time with my supportive family. I'm unsure of whether another move will continue to foster my self-improvement; there haven't been many constants in my life over the past 5 years, and I am taking a big leap of faith by letting go of the pseudo-stability I found in these 4 months.
When I was younger (& immature), I often could not wait to go back to Melbourne, as I had a lot more freedom there. Today, I turn 22 in a couple of months, and as a graduate, I have a myriad of burgeoning responsibilities on my back. After the next 6 months of my practical legal training comes an indefinite period of job-hunting. Given how saturated the legal industry is, and as a foreigner, the odds are stacked against me when it comes to finding a job in a local law firm.
Notwithstanding the above, that's not to say that I am giving up on my ambition. Mark my words when I say that I will endeavour to excel in whatever I do in Melbourne. Perhaps when the day comes that I am finally self-sufficient and financially independent, I will have a much clearer picture of where I truly belong.
In the meantime, the glass is half full and not half empty. I am truly fortunate to even have the opportunity to pursue my dreams.
Snippets from today
Went to the photo studio today to get some graduation shots taken with the family! The soft copies should be sent to us by the end of the week, but here are some blurry shots my parents managed to snap of the process.
We also took some photos at the balcony when we got home, since we're usually not so dressed up :D
So my next update will be from Melbourne. Till then!






No comments:
Post a Comment