Visited this cute place called The Pour Kids for brunch yesterday! It was a really cute place and I enjoyed the decor was just so bright and happy. The art works hanging on the wall were just so apt, and the staff there were pretty friendly. Even the door to the bathroom was painted in a vibrant colour, and it just blended into the surroundings; my brunch date actually thought it was part of the place's decor and was so surprised when someone came out of there.
The main components of this dish was its burnt butter gnocchi, italian-style pork sausage and a fried duck egg. So the gnocchi is fried with salted butter, and IMO it might be a tad salty for some people's liking. After watching one of the episodes in Masterchef US 2013, where eliminated contestants fought to come back, my brunch date has developed of analyzing the fried eggs he is served, and concluding whether they are a perfect sunny side up. This egg would have failed in the judge's eyes because of its crisp and burnt edges, but in all seriousness, who cares? I personally thought it added some nice crunch ^^
Perusing the menu
I'd previously heard of The Pour Kids' Google This dish (yes the dish is called Google This haha), because of its deep fried poached egg. As much as I wanted to try it, I eventually decided on 2 other dishes which sounded mouthwatering - Duck for Cover and Stacks On.
Anyway, below are photos of my soy mocha and his hot chocolate. You probably can't really tell from the photo, but the size of the hot chocolate mug was like soup bowl in comparison with my coffee! Hahaha.
Soy mocha & hot chocolate
Stacks On
Above: Stacks On
The presentation of this dish was superb, it was vibrant and just looked really yummy.
So basically this dish is made up of chorizos, guacamole, hash brown, corn relish and some sour cream. I have to say that the chorizos were a little spicier than I'm used to, and a little tough to cut and chew. But overall, the dish did come together and all the flavours just complemented each other. I really really liked the corn relish, I just wish there was more of it!
Dish rating: 4/5
Duck for Cover
Above: Duck for Cover
The main components of this dish was its burnt butter gnocchi, italian-style pork sausage and a fried duck egg. So the gnocchi is fried with salted butter, and IMO it might be a tad salty for some people's liking. After watching one of the episodes in Masterchef US 2013, where eliminated contestants fought to come back, my brunch date has developed of analyzing the fried eggs he is served, and concluding whether they are a perfect sunny side up. This egg would have failed in the judge's eyes because of its crisp and burnt edges, but in all seriousness, who cares? I personally thought it added some nice crunch ^^
Dish rating: 3.5/5
Overall, I do plan on revisiting this place and trying out the other dishes on its menu. Next dish for me: Google This!





No comments:
Post a Comment