Saturday, January 18, 2014

Random thoughts; Is Milo Healthy?

So I obviously haven't been blogging for a loooooong while even after the end of my Semester 2 exams. I went back to Singapore for a holiday (Christmas + New Year) and am currently back in Melbourne. It was 45 degrees celsius when I got back here, MIGHTY HOT! I was really suffering because I was having some food poisoning (AGAIN, thank you very much my dearest weak stomach), and was recovering from a fever. To make matters worse, my ceiling fan was in winter mode instead of summer mode, but I wasn't tall enough to reach up and flick the switch down. Many thanks to my friend Shaun for coming over to fix the problem. It felt so much better with the fan in the setting most appropriate for summer, although the weather has since cooled down significantly, to my relief.

Struck up a conversation with the taxi driver on the way back to Clayton. He recommended this Pakistani eatery at Sydney Road that I plan on visiting soon.

I recently got thinking - Is Milo healthy? So many kids grow up drinking Milo at breakfast. My youngest brother in particular, really loves it. He gets my mother to buy the packet Milo drinks and puts a few in the fridge each time. He accordingly consumes a few packets a day, and when the packets in the fridge are depleting he puts in new ones. The amount of milo packets my mum buys during grocery shopping is pretty crazy, it sometimes almost looks like she runs a business selling Milo.

So basically, Milo is just a chocolate drink with some added vitamins, right? My guess is that it isn't really healthy, or beneficial for your body, but it's alright taken in moderation. There are far more things that would be worse for your body. The sugar probably gives kids energy as well.

Speaking about energy, I had so much of it when I was back in Singapore. It was great being with my family and catching up with some friends. I even went swimming quite often, with my parents who swim almost everyday. Now that I'm in Melbourne, I feel so tired all the time for some reason, and I'm suffering from insomnia every single night. Got a serious problem with my body clock now! Hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment