"What do I need to do to get you to trust me? What do you want from me?" He yells. I steel myself and look up into his panicked eyes and fight the pull I feel at coming in contact with those sapphires again. "Nothing! I don't want anything from you!" I shout out the biggest lie I have ever told in my entire life. Connor's eyes widen at my words and his face falls, every ounce of fire gone from his gaze. He backs away then smiles weakly at me.
"Well, Merry Fucking Christmas Nina, because you have it all anyway."
- Devon Herrera, Sapphire Universe #1.What loneliness is more lonely than distrust? - George Elliot
Miss someone until they come back, or until you come back, until their absence in your life becomes something to be avoided at all costs. Miss them until you don't have to anymore, until you're reunited in your favourite booth in your favourite restaurant ordering your favourite meal, miss them until it feels like you never left. Or miss them until you can't anymore, until the things you miss are identified and catalogued as things and not a person, until you figure out that easy company and long talks and unblinking, all-knowing eye contact will find you again the way they found you the first time. Miss someone until you don't. - Stephanie Georgopulus.
"and it is hard to let go, to imagine alternatives, but when you are bold with the unknowing, you are ready to explore". - Terra Elan McVoy, After the Kiss.
I missed you, Angel. Not one day went by that I didn't feel you missing from my life. You haunted me to the point that I began to believe that Hank had gone back on his oath and killed you. I couldn't escape you and I didn't want to. You tortured me, but it was better than losing you. - Becca Fitzpatrick, Silence."Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. - Edna St. Vincent Millay.
It sucks that we miss people like that. You think you've accepted that someone is out of your life, that you've grieved and it's over, and then bam. One little thing, and you feel like you've lost that person all over again. - Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass.

No comments:
Post a Comment