Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas

Truth to be told, I wasn't exactly in form of late, and was rather ill right during my last few weeks in Melbourne. I wanted a little mini break, some time to myself for recuperating purposes. I also wanted a chance to redefine my priorities in life, so rather than spend my days slacking at home, I have been working pretty hard and regaining my confidence. It's been just a few weeks, and I'm feeling more healthy and happy than I have ever been in a while.

Hence, for all the friends who have been contacting me and chiding me, for not informing you guys that I'm currently in Singapore....


Guess who's back and ready to party!!!
(Just kidding, I've outgrown all that)
I still wanna catch up with you guys though :)





So it was Christmas yesterday, and I'm really glad I got to spend it with the people who really count in my life - family and true friends.

Met up with the one and only Dorothyshortyyip, and boy were we a mismatched pair. I rocked up in heels, and she sauntered over in flip flops. It was pretty funny, and I gave her hell for our disparity in height throughout the whole afternoon and evening. (You know I love you, Dor)

I really didn't expect VivoCity and Orchard Road to be THAT crowded on Christmas. For some reason I expected everyone to be home and roasting turkeys for dinner. I was wrong. Not only was there a traffic jam on the road, there was a human traffic jam on the sidewalks and in the shopping malls too. It was pretty crazy. While preparing to cross the road along Orchard, to get from Mandarin Gallery to 313 Somerset, Dor and I were prepared for the worst - getting separated, due to the massive throngs of people walking against each others' directions when the lights went green.

"Okay, if we get separated, let's meet at Marche." we agreed.

To our surprise, we managed to stick together and walk at a pretty comfortable pace when crossing the road. I marveled at it until I noticed that we were walking right behind a mother pushing a baby stroller. She was effectively clearing the way for us, and we did have a laugh about it. What luck :D








I am a serious foodie, so the highlight of Christmas 2014 would definitely be the awesome Shiok Maki I finally got to try. It is simply delicious, and I'm so glad my girl brought me here. I'm also going to throw in a little self-praise here - thank goodness I suggested having an early dinner, otherwise we would have had to queue for well over an hour, had we gone at the usual dinner time. We started queuing from 530pm, and still had to wait for almost 40 mins to get 2 seats. That was crazy, but kinda worthwhile. 







I got a pretty big shock when a familiar figure came walking towards me, sticking his chin out arrogantly and saying hi. I don't usually run into my younger brothers outside, because we hang out at different places with our friends. Anyway, it was a much welcomed encounter, and I got to embarrass him in front of his pal. Which sister would give up that opportunity?! I wouldn't! #shamehimshamehimshamehim



My little brother ain't that little anymore, aye?

Just a shoutout to my bro here for helping us get froyo at Llao Llao. Many thanks~

1 comment: