I kick-started my Sunday with the below "delicacy" I prepared in the morning. In my half-asleep state, I tried making pineapple rice which came in a packet containing the pineapple chunks, raisins and of course the rice. I usually don't eat that much for breakfast, so I only poured out a portion of each, but stupidly set the microwave settings at the suggested full 18 minutes.
The rice was cooking as I lazed around in bed, checking my phone and admiring what I thought was the fragrance of cooking rice. When I next opened the microwave, I was attacked with smoke and a pungent burnt smell. Look at what happened to my pineapple rice.
It became a rice biscuit! How stylish.
Somehow, I felt really alone today. And these negative feelings aren't justifiable because life has been treating me well and I should be thankful. I guess it's partly because my mid-semester beak is coming to an end and school is starting tomorrow. Then exams will be just around the corner. But then I'll get to go back home after that!
I should probably get a job when I'm back in Singapore, that is, after my family vacation. Le Family is going to China! I actually can't wait for that, we're visiting hot springs, going on a cruise and going skiing too. Sounds like a lot of fun~ Just skyped my parents and I can't wait to see them back home soon, as well as the two little terrors. Rawr.
So I started typing this post feeling rather low, but now I feel like my spirits have lifted significantly. I really like how things are now, I hope they stay this way forever. It's okay to feel sad sometimes, because it'll enable me to feel happiness and optimism which should always come my way, soon enough.
Hope your mid-sem breaks have been fantastic :)
No comments:
Post a Comment