Thursday, October 4, 2012

No need for replacements

Went for an Indian Buffet near Syndal with the girls on Tuesday night! Hadn't gotten to hang out during the weekend, due to assignments, so it was nice to get together and have good food again. Here's my first plate of food! It was pretty decent and value for money.





Also discovered this awesome nyonya place opposite the buffet food court. It was actually really good and cheap! For some reason, the 3 of us weren't expecting much out of it, and we just headed over out of curiosity and boredom. We ordered the cendol and it was really good! It was a pity most of the desserts on their menu weren't available then, though. I'm definitely heading back some other day to try out the others.

Went out to help choose someone's blazer today for an upcoming formal event. Bought mooncakes for myself and Billy Chia, whose ship is stopping by Appleton Dock this Saturday. I'm looking forward to the onboard tour he's offered to give me! Can't wait to catch up with this old friend. Also got some macarons for Serene! Got myself a new wallet and a tube of tinted moisturiser, as well as a cute pink cardigan. I actually thought the last item was a girly overkill, but my shopping partner very kindly reminded me that I am a girl. I was a tad bit offended, so I bought it rashly. Thankfully, it was rather cheap, and it's actually really comfy so I don't regret purchasing it.

Went to Carnegie to eat Japanese food! We ate at a place called Shyun and the food really impressed me, even when I had high expectations of the place due to the high reviews on Urbanspoon. Here's what I ordered - Salmon don! I never used to eat sashimi because I was afraid of eating raw seafood, but I actually like it now, as long as it's fresh. Nomz! Have to eat it with ginger and a pinch of wasabi though!





The bento was quite good too! My mouth was watering while looking at it. Best thing is that you get to choose your own ingredients which was pretty interesting, hahaha.

For the past few days, I've suddenly been marvelling at the way things have turned out this year, and how the most unexpected happenings have been the best and happiest events. I feel like I've grown a lot too, and all that silliness from the first semester or university seems to be from such a long time ago. Maybe I'm not such a "cute kiddo" anymore, but I've found people who appreciate me for who I have become and am becoming, and it makes me really happy.

I am not the smartest, the prettiest or the most popular girl. I am just another girl who has her ups and downs in life, with all those insecurities. But most importantly, I have a smile which always comes back to me sooner or later, and that is all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment