Went out with my favourite girls on Sunday! I finally brought my bulky camera out to snap some nice photos.
Destination: Queen Victoria Market
Mode of transport: Bus + train + walking
Occasion: Malaysian Festival
The three of us changed our original plan to study together on Sunday, after Serene notified us of the Malaysian Festival. I guess we were all craving for some Malaysian/Singaporean cuisine, and we also wanted a break from our assignments.
It's been a while since I took a proper walk around Queen Victoria Market, and it's a really special place to me because I used to stop by almost weekly to satisfy my constant donut craving! (Photos of store below)
Above: Finally got to try Sarawak Laksa! One of my Malaysian coursemates had been raving about it at the start of the year, insisting that we should try it and that it's different. So, I jumped at the opportunity when it came.
I'm sure Sarawak Laksa tastes awesome. However, I was really disappointed with the Sarawak Laksa they served at the Malaysian Festival. There wasn't really much spice to it so I all I could taste was milk. I need to taste the real thing!!!
Nyonya kueh! I still think Bangawan Solo has the best ones though.
Below: Cute and brightly-coloured hats never fail to brighten up the day, even when it's sunny and warm.
(sorry to the poor girl in the above photo, didn't mean to include you in the frame)
Above: Chee Cheong Fun!!! I miss it so much, although I never really liked the sauce, I always ate it with olive oil and light soy sauce, with some garlic bits and fried onion shallots.
Fresh fruits, anyone?
Below: These dips got me really excited! My favourite healthy snack ever is to dip celery stalk into spicy capsicum dip, sit back and enjoy the tasty delicacy. Unfortunately I already have enough of dips to last me till I'm flying back to Singapore, but I just might get one or two in February 2013 for the start of another school year.
Above: Pretty and colourful macarons make me very delighted!
Below: I love nougats and brownies! If it weren't for the fact that I'm past my budget for the rest of the school year, I would buy one of each type!
Cutiepie chicks above~
I'm actually pretty sure that the below produce was labelled wrongly because they look more like onions than potatoes to me.
Above: Love the pink poster! Retail therapy FTW!
Below: C for Cucumber!
Above: Pretty flowers by the roadside which I MUST furnish my room with, next year.
Below is a Greek shop which we passed by on Elizabeth Street. Before leaving Queen Victoria Market, I had really wanted to try the cheese and spinach borek there which is supposedly really good, but I was already too full from all the food and drinks I had. After seeing the following shop signs, I started regretting not getting a borek :(
Above: This sign is necessary for me as a defence to the silly obsession I have with Angry Birds, and you are about to be exposed to part of it.
ANGRY BIRD MARSHMALLOWS!
Went to Aldi with the sole intention of getting these yummy and cute treats and was contemplating between getting one or two packets. In the end, I only bought one. Funnily enough, Joel brought me 2 more in the evening because I hadn't replied his message regarding whether I'd found my marshmallows. Anyway, the marshmallow packaging says that there aren't any artificial colourings! I knew it, my angry birds obsession is healthy *smirk* #delusional.
Update: Serene, my friend who's studying nutrition, kindly informed me that they contain more calories than ice cream, after I sent her a photo of the nutrition information.
No comments:
Post a Comment