Went out with the girls to celebrate the end of semester 2 in university! It's been almost a year since we've got to know each other and I'm really happy we became good friends. All 3 of us are from different courses and different social groups and it was really random how we got together. All I can say is that I got lucky!
Camwhored with Rebecca while waiting for Serene at the bus loop. If I'm not wrong, it was the first time she's ever been late to meet up!
Took the bus to Oakleigh and we wanted to eat at this Greek restaurant called Eurobites. However, we hadn't made a reservation and they were having live music this night, so the place was fully booked. We were really disappointed, but hey, at least we realised the importance of making bookings ^^
I immediately whipped out my phone to check out Urbanspoon's nearby recommendations, and found another Greek place called Mezedakia. Its ratings were pretty similar to those of Eurobites, and it was on the same street so we decided to check it out.
Below: Baby goat with lemon potatoes
My verdict for Mezedakia: I loved it! The food was really good, although Serene and I found it a tad bit salty. Otherwise, it was beautiful. The mushrooms were wonderful, the souvlaki was amazing, and the baby goat was just oh-so-tender! The potatoes were well cooked too. Can't wait to try out Eurobites for a comparison between the two! I thought the portions were relatively generous too. Some places serve really small portions of tapas which is pretty annoying especially when you share it amongst friends, but the three of us didn't encounter such problems here. I was actually craving for more of their food after our meal, but I decided against ordering more and went over to Nikos Cafe for dessert.
Nikos Cafe is also a greek dessert place, and I've never understood why the 3 of us never order any of their Greek desserts whenever we go there. Instead, we go for stuff like tiramisu and lemon flavoured cake. I therefore bought some Greek dessert back to Howitt - Baclava and oops-can't-remember-what-it's-called.
I liked the baclava, although I didn't finish it that night, probably being sick from the tiramisu I'd had back at Nikos, as well as finishing up Serene's overly-lemony cake.
It was a great night of talking and bonding with the girls, and now it's time to get back to studying for exams. Le Sigh.


No comments:
Post a Comment