Monday, October 22, 2012

Make it better

Met up with the girls again to get groceries and make lunch! Guess what we made - my favourite risotto!
The risotto served in restaurants and eateries always have minimal ingredients and a very heavy flavour, often too salty. We decided to create a risotto dish with a lighter flavour, containing lots of ingredients.

(Ok who am I kidding, we just had a lot of ingredients and we didn't have anywhere else to use them, so we dumped them all in.)


Ingredients
Risotto rice
Asparagus
Cheddar Cheese
Chicken
Chicken Stock
Tomatoes
Rosemary
Black Pepper
Butter
Olive Oil
White Butto Mushrooms






And here's our end product: Smoking hot risotto! Don't drool!





It's very difficult to make a good risotto dish, and I think we did pretty well! I loved that there were so many ingredients, although I guess it's true that the whole idea of risotto has always been centralised around the rice.


Below: Photo credits to Serene Chew!







Above: Borek Craving satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment