Saturday, October 6, 2012

My friend the Seaman

Finally got to catch up with Chia on Saturday! I haven't seen this old friend in a while, so it was really nice to meet him in Melbourne as his ship stopped by for a few hours. I got an onboard tour of Salome, and I'm really lucky to have this experience because she's a new ship named only a few days ago, and she's the biggest of her kind. 













Below: Was really marvelling at the sight of Chia's room, because it's so nice and new. It's so much bigger and he has his own bathroom! Was bubbling with jealousy as he complained about how small the shower cubicle is. I would praise him for being very neat, but he admitted that he'd spent the previous night cleaning up and even missed someone's birthday celebration onboard to prepare for my arrival, so I guess this isn't how his room usually looks like.





Didn't really take that many photos onboard because I didn't bring my camera along :( but it's alright, what matters is the company! His fellow seamen were really friendly and receptive too!

Took Chia out for a few hours to tour the CBD area.




Above: Hippie Chia buying weed (playing cards) in Melbourne! Hahahaha.



Viet cuisine with da chia!




Thanks for the time Chia, it was great catching up and even though it was only a few hours, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Hope to see you again soon in December after we're both back in Singapore for the holidays! Also, thank you for the yummy Green Tea kitkats you got from Japan, they are so good and I love them so much! Tempted to fly over to Japan just to buy these sweet treats hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment