Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2nd last day in SG

Picked out some knitting patterns in the library books mum borrowed today and then headed out to have them photocopied. Also met Jiajun at Yew Tee MRT to pass him his and Alicia's souvenirs. We had a short chat and I managed to catch up with what schools some old friends are in right now. All the best to Jiajun, hope you get into medical school successfully! :)

The day was spent packing and unpacking our luggages, then weighing them to see if there was any excess load. Thankfully, there wasn't, in fact we can still fit more than 10kg of stuff into our luggages. But then now there's a problem, I can't squeeze my pillow into any of the luggages cuz there's already stuff in every one of them! Looks like some major repacking has to be done. Sigh! *frustrated*

Right now, my emotions are kinda mixed. I don't know how life's gonna be like, alone in Melbourne. And I don't know if I'm gonna be losing my closest friends while staying so far away from them for many months each time.

But everything'll turn out fine in the end, right?

 

UPDATE:

It's now late at night, okay it's actually really early in the morning, 2.30am. Still can't sleep, but I'll try to wake up early in the morning so that I can go out for breakfast with my mum. Had a chat with Guanshan a few hours ago, nice catching up with friends.

I suddenly remembered a lot of details from the past 2 years which filled me with realisations. Life makes a fool out of us. We point at people and call them fools, then realise that we ourselves are fools.

I'm very very thankful to have DSA-ed successfully into ACJC. Although I gave up my place in the end, I'm very appreciative of the fact that I was given a chance to be accepted into that school and their harp ensemble. And I'm glad to have experienced that one practice session.

I'm extremely grateful that I got a 10 for my O level L1R5 raw score. It was such a miracle. My Prelims 1 L1R5 was 29, which resulted in a compulsory parent-teacher conference. That was bad. My Prelims 2 L1R5 was 20. That was definitely an improvement, but it still wasn't a good score at all. In fact, I think I was one of the lousiest scoring students in class! :( Hmm. O level results were definitely a big surprise, as well as a great encouragement. I was overjoyed. My true friends were happy for me too, even though most of them were shocked that I'd made such a vast improvement. They'd thought that the best I would have done was to get a 15.

I'm aware that some people think I'm going abroad to study because I'm a CMI case. But that's alright. I'll just try my best. I don't crave to become some successful millionaire businesswoman, I just wanna be happy and contented with my future life, have the capability to provide for myself and live a relatively comfortable life.

After so much, I've finally seen things clear and realised who my true friends are.

Someday, you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment