I haven't blogged in really long time....
So I'm leaving for Australia this Wednesday. Will be studying there for quite a while!
Yesterday, Nigel, Weixiang and I went to Joon's house to bake potatoes. Before that, Weixiang gave Nigel and I a treat at Bakerzin. (Thanks ah black!) However, the two of us didn't really enjoy our dory fillet spaghetti. Oops. While footing the bill, Weixiang was allowed to participate in a lucky draw and we won some desert!!! After that, we headed to NTUC and bought all the needed ingredients. We even bought green and blue food colouring! This time, I paid X.X
It wasn't that easy getting to Joon's house and we got off one bus stop late. Fortunately, we were able to walk back, thanks to the guys' phone applications. Met Joon's dad outside her door and he invited us in. Joon's dad was really friendly!
All of us started preparing the potatoes and Weixiang made some hot chocolate. He also helped chop the onions since our eyes were sensitive to the fumes produced (?). While waiting for them to be ready, we played monopoly deal! (I think that's the name of the game). All of us except Joon were idiots at the game. After a bit of trickery, we made Joon wait outside the kitchen while adding the colouring to the potatoes. Nigel added blue colouring to my already green mashed potatoes and created some gross playdoh like mixture. Worse still, we used half the bottle while people usually use a few drops! *faint*
The end product was hideous-looking and Joon's mum announced that she didn't dare to eat it. Still, we mustered up our courage to try it and it tasted really really nice! (Chengba's fantastic recipe).
I ended up having a stomachache after that -.-
After cleaning up, we took a bus to Jurong Point and took neoprints. They played some games at the arcade as well! Then, we left and bought some chrysanthemum drink to soothe my stomach.
Finally, we bid farewell with Weixiang taking a bus back, Joon taking the MRT with the rest of us but leaving one stop later, me alighting at Yew Tee and Nigel going all the way to Woodlands. Overall, it was a great day. I'm thinking of making hot pink baked potatoes next. Till then, we should remember to use just a few drops instead of half a bottle O.O Photos will be up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment