Wednesday, November 9, 2011

All the world's a stage

All the world's a stage,
and all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and entrances;
and one man in his time plays many parts,
his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

So we finally had our final drama performance today! First of all, I would like to dedicate a message to all my group members: Truc, Zi, Roy and Jie Rou.

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks for everything. It's been a pleasure working with you all for this final performance; it went well, didn't it? ;) I would also like to apologise for any inconveniences I have brought to you all, such as being late for practice, eating all the time and flaunting my fried chicken (and wasting precious time borrowing hot water for my cup noodles). And sorry for displaying my frustration sometimes >.< We may have had different opinions in many aspects, but I'm just glad we were able to compromise and come up with a great play. All the best for your exams! I'll never forget the times we shared, seriously. Good luck and don't forget me, the cutest fate ever ^^! (FYI, I played the character of the mother and fate in this play, hence the reference to fate)

Here's a photo of us in the midst of our practice! Jie Rou's behind the camera, she snapped this shot with her iPad.


Overall, our drama performance went pretty smoothly. There were definitely other exceptionally good performances which really gave us a lot of pressure, but I'm satisfied with how we did. As Truc said in her last text: "Fingers crossed for our performance ^^". I guess the only problematic thing for me was that in the middle of my evil laughter, phlegm got stuck in my throat and my evil shriek didn't go on that smoothly. And the result was really awkward. But ah well, what's over is over. Besides, we were good :)

I operated all the soundtracks that were played during the play with my iPhone, and halfway through, Ben Chia the stalker-boy Facebook messaged me! Hahaha! He made references to my lines in the first scene, saying that he was there watching. I was actually really tempted to reply him straightaway, but I didn't wanna jeopardize the whole performance so I closed the window and continued on to prepare for the next song.

Drama class photos minus Jie Rou and Leon! I think all 3 groups did well!







Viki looks so pretty here, like a doll! She gave me a warm embrace and told me she'll miss me after graduating. Awww, I'll miss her too <3 She's really lovely and spontaneous.




We took the tram to a Vietnamese eatery in town and we were the only people on the tram! It was awesomeeeeee. We got a little too rowdy though, and made a lot of noise. On the way while alighting, each of us took turns greeting the tram driver, hoping to atone for our mistakes. He looked a little amused, though I think he was still kinda annoyed, hee hee hee.



Waiting for lunch! We're a bunch of hungry teenagers! Well, most of us. I think Jason turned 20 this year?





Quan was great today, he was like the host of our lunch, helping us take orders, collect money to pay the bills and direct the food to the respective people when it arrived. He's a really nice person! I still remember having him as a partner for one of the first drama activities at the start of the year. We acted as a couple having dinner and he gave me a ring which was too small. I mimed slapping him and it was hilarious, both fun and funny.




Om nom nom. Here's the fantastic noodle dish that Truc recommended. It was really nice, and relatively cheap! $9~ I really liked the fishcake-like meat slices which were inside. I thought they were really fishcakes, until I asked Quan and he looked at me with an amused expression and explained that they're actually made out of pork. Anyway, they're really really yummy.



And here's the total bill. Mind-blowing. Hahahaha!

A few of us left right after lunch, then the rest of us went on to walk around. We admired the Myer's Christmas Window display, then headed to Zara! Manz, I felt like it was already christmas, further dampening my motivation to study for the exams. Argghhhhhh. Can I just go home already!







Lots of people left after exiting from Zara, so I went walking around with Eleven and Violet. We browsed through Sportsgirl and Adidas, then went to Chatime! I got matcha red bean tea (or something like that) and it tasted great. Eleven got the warm brown rice thingy and it was fantastic. Really pleasant to the taste buds! I'm going back there to get another cup soon. It'll boost my study attitude! Muahaha.

Eleven took the train home from Flinder's and Violet and I took tram 59 along Elizabeth street, back home! It was great chatting with her. I didn't know her too well or spend a lot of time with her prior to today's outing, but we had quite a lot to talk about and she gave me a really reassuring hug before my performance. It was really sweet of her <3



Looking back, having drama as a compulsory subject in Trinity has proved to be a good thing. It's given me so many precious memories and boosted my confidence in talking and acting in front of people. Through drama, I also got to know more people, and I'll miss all the fun I've had with my drama mates. It's probably unlikely, but it'd be really nice if we were able to have gatherings in the future, even when we're in university.

And now, examssssssssssssssssss~

No comments:

Post a Comment