Friday, November 4, 2011

Trip to the museum

Introducing the new love of my life....
BANANA MILK!

Yeah it probably is pretty lame to take photos of banana milk, but I was so bored waiting for my drama group mates on Tuesday that I started taking random photos. Besides, banana milk is awesome. Mmm~


For the last Biology Practical session ever, we went to the museum to complete a given handout. There were so many other students there as well (from the looks of it, mainly elementary and middle school students) and I really don't like hanging out in super crowded places, but I managed to have quite some fun. The information and displayed materials were really interesting! Here're some photos!


















Maria was really pretty today!


Quite a fail shot, hahahaha we were trying to take photos with the glimmery background. There were lots of gemstones behind us and we wanted to look rich, but the photo turned out a little awkward! Ah well.



Another failed attempt.
I guess I have no affinity with gemstones.


Then we came across this "weighing machine" which would measure our value in gold! All you have to do is step on the designated spot and it starts calculating.



Here's my results!
Maria decided to try for herself too.



She's worth more than me, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Here's some interesting information I chanced upon! It's really cool. And guess what people, our DNA tells us that we're all members of one race.




I thought the above photo looked interesting because from certain points of view, the animals become the observers and the humans are those on display.






Now... Ever wondered about the paths your food takes after entering your mouth?



Omg this looks strangely like the blended fruit my mum always made for me and my brothers x.x



Gross~ Hahaha.

This. Was. So. Creepy. I swear it looks a hundred times scarier in real life, the model of the human head was so realistic and it looked like a real person! Or like some horror figure from a horror movie. Gosh.


Lame.


This really enraged me -.-

Body Shapes!

Maria and I came upon this really funny mirror which distorts your body figure and face shape. It's a million times funnier in real life; I couldn't capture the most hilarious images with my iPhone.



Even when distorted, my legs are still short.





Maria, Heather, Rachel and I even watched a video clip about pregnancy. It was really graphic towards the end, and the process of childbirth was showed O.O I still can't get the images out my head. I was so traumatised and I think I'm gonna be scarred for life. Bye, babies. I would upload some photos and stuff if I could, but that section of the museum banned photography (for obvious reasons). They showcased pictures of various nude bodies progressing from one stage of puberty to another. Wonder why they didn't blur the faces upon those bodies.


After being dismissed, we proceeded to the Museum's cafe and ordered the above delicious food. Best meal I've had for a rather long time! Food makes the world go round. I wish I had a better cameraaaaaaaaaa, the picture turned out so blurry.


Maria and I took photos of each other taking photos of the other. Does that even make sense? Hahahaha.

Joon asked me to make up an English name for myself today, because she's working on an assignment for a best friend's wedding speech. The idea was pretty awkward to me and I didn't really want some girly name, so I suggested Sam at first. Then Joon said: "Sam and Ben sounds like gay marriage." O.O I asked: "What about just Cheng?". She replied that it was rather manly too. I laughed quite hard at it because lots of people just call me Cheng. In the end, I randomly said: "Tori!" and she agreed happily. "That's your new nick name". Ahhhh... I miss Joon so much :( I just want to fly back home and hug her now.

Drama practice was pretty intense today. We finally parted ways at a quarter past nine at night. I still feel kinda disappointed that we haven't quite gotten things together yet, but overall there was great improvement and my group members aren't problematic so yeah! We can do it. We'll be meeting up on Sunday and I'll be giving my all. Goooooooooo!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment