Thursday, August 4, 2011

Facade


Back then, it was so mesmerising, but I just couldn't capture its beauty.

I wish I didn't have to put on this facade of nonchalance and toughness, especially when I'm hurting so much inside. I ought to get on with life and face the future bravely, but I just keep diving back into the past and lamenting this loss.

What hurts is that you broke all your promises. What hurts even more is that you don't care. What hurts the most is that you're leaving me at such a low point of time in my life and not making a single effort to salvage anything. It pains me that I'm thinking about every single moment we shared and missing all of that, even while knowing you don't want to have anything to do with me anymore.

My head is full of "What if"'s. I had honestly dreamed about some sort of future with you, like how you'd said that I'd be by your side all the while. I guess I was being naive.

These damned tears keep falling uncontrollably. I wish you'd just tell me what went wrong. You said you'd never get tired of me.

You were so important to me.
And you still are.

No comments:

Post a Comment