Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baking Almond Cookies

I baked almond cookies in advance for CNY! Although they're already half gone, courtesy of my dad. Gotta admit that they weren't fantastic, looked like sloppy work and were a tad too sweet, but it was hard work and I'm already quite satisfied with the outcome. I've never been a good baker, anyway. I hate that everything has to be so precise. When it comes to cooking, I can throw in whatever I want and substitute the lacking ingredient with something else, but you can't do that with baking (at least not with good planning prior to the actual baking)! Am I making any sense?

I think I deserve extra credit for buying almonds, peeling them, then roasting and blending them for the cookies. A lot of people just buy the ready made packet of almond chunks! I'm gonna save some for Joon and Guan, etc so that they can try my first baking attempt. Joon's almost a baking master, hope I don't lose face in front of her T_T but she's my best friend so it really doesn't matter ^^

Hahaha okay, anyway, check out the photos! I'm probably gonna make more another day, and I'll make muah chee as well. Yummy~







So... Some of the cookies turned out burnt... But I really think it's because my oven's getting old and problematic. There was uneven heat distribution and that's not my fault. Right...?



Dad gave me a vaccination against cervical cancer today. I hate injections so much! He told me to report to the clinic at between 12.30pm and 1pm because that was when his day shift was over. I reached at 1.45pm and still waited for more than half an hour. Geez, hahaha! Can't complain though, patients come first. When he finally beckoned for me to go into his office, I was really scared because 2 little boys had gotten injections from him before me and one of them was crying so hard. I could hear his cries even from the waiting area. (I swear I'm never going to have kids. I think.) Dad gave me two choices: the thick needle or the small needle. I requested for the thin one, thinking it would mean less pain but he revealed that it's not the case. So obviously I went with the big one. It didn't really hurt that much I guess. But....

My left arm has been feeling numb for the past few hours and I don't think the numbness will fade away anytime soon. I still have to go for another shot one month later, and then another one 6 months later! Zomg. Moreover, these shots don't come cheap. They cost about $200 per shot! Damn...

Going to JB tomorrow, hope I get a lot of cheap snags!

No comments:

Post a Comment