We got a shock upon seeing that the cinema's doors weren't open yet, especially since Nicholas had already booked the tickets beforehand and paid for them. Fortunately, one small door at the side was open. But anyway, it was too early for us to collect the tickets so we walked around the shops and bought some stuff at Daiso. Awkward moment when he asked one of the staff members at Daiso if they sold lubricant there (for his bike, all you perverts). He asked for a hose too, which they don't sell.
After that, we went up to the cinemas and waited for the movie to start. We chatted a lot, and even talked during the movie, which is a first time for me because usually, I'm afraid of disturbing others. (Sorry to everyone in the theater, I will not do it again). Fortunately, no one shushed us or cast us angry glares! Well, at least I didn't notice any ^^
We watched We Not Naughty by Jack Neo (supporting Ashley whom I haven't seen for more than a year), and I thought it was quite a pleasant watch. My only complaint would be that the plot can be quite confusing at times, because there're so many diversions. I felt like a lot of themes were crammed into a single movie (btw it was more than 2 hours long and Nicholas commented that it felt longer than that), therefore the impact of each theme wasn't that great, but there were some scenes which did manage to make me tear up. The little boy is just so cute and precious, although I wish Singaporean child actors (I mean the really young ones) would just talk naturally like how they do in everyday life, and not mimic some perfect Chinese/English accent. He was still cute though. Finally got to see Amos Yee in action on the big screen with high quality filming instead of his youtube videos. Gotta admit that he can act. It would be good if underneath all that acting and the American accent (which sounds a little forced to me because you can hear hints of Singlish here and there), he's actually an approachable guy. I'd like to think that his recent controversial Chinese New Year video was just some humour on his part and he isn't really that disrespectful. After all, he's just 14, right?
We were so tired after the movie! Went to the foodcourt to eat and talk more. Then we walked around for a while and headed home. Parted ways when I boarded the MRT since we travel different lines. It was good meeting up with Nick Khoo! I like that we had a plan too, usually when you go out with guys they always don't know what to do and tell you to choose. He's grown up is more mature; it seems like just yesterday when he was sec 1 and messing around with his friends, disturbing Fengyu. Talking about Fengyu reminds me of the lower secondary days when a whole group of us were forever hanging out at Kbox, singing our lungs out.
It's been years and everyone's changed...
NOTE: This is advice to people who book their tickets online with their parents' or someone else's credit card! Remember to memorise or have their IC number and particulars written down somewhere because they verify all this info at the counter when you collect your tickets! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment