EH!
Doing voluntary work is a crime, people.
Of course, this is just my personal opinion.
Seriously, I'm not joking. It's not that I'm plain lazy and evil (maybe I am, but it's not related to this in any way).
REALLY LAH. It's a crime.
Discussed this with my mum today morning. We've got volunteers all over Singapore, doing voluntary work in Old Folks' Homes, Orphanages, Hospitals, and even museums. You know, those people who explain the different stuff in the museum to you? LOTS of them, maybe even all, are university graduates who 吃饱没事做 then go volunteer to do this type of free work. Lol! OH, and us students arranging books in the library to earn CIP hours.
You'd probably think you're pretty great, and a good citizen of singapore by doing all this, but you're just being SUPER DUPER EVIL. Of course, you're still being really 伟大 to sacrifice free time for this lah.. But...........
You're taking people's jobs away can?! The libraries now do not need to hire librarians to arrange books anymore, they can just get students to do it for free and give them CIP hours, which is a lot cheaper than the wages they're supposed to give librarians. Think about the many students you see earning CIP hours in the library everytime you go there to study or borrow books. A lot right? THAT IS HOW MANY JOBS WE'RE TAKING AWAY FROM THOSE POOR JOBLESS PEOPLE.
The Old Folks' Homes now do not need to hire people to take care of the elderly staying there. Neither are workers needed at the orphanages. All they need to do is to rely on the volunteers, who are always very caring and very loving. How many people volunteer at these places? Gosh, more jobs are lost & destroyed....
Now going on to museums. I dunno what those 'explainers' at the museum are called, so I'm just call them explainers okay? Bear with my pathetic English, please & thank you. Anyway, those explainers must have a good standard of knowledge de leh! 是要有水准的!而且很多都是大学生。A lot of them are university graduates. I mean those who volunteer there. Cos you've got to know your facts for this type of job right. And so, MORE JOBS LOST. Plus you're making knowledgeable people lost jobs okay. THEY HAVE THE POTENTIAL! Lol.
Add all these numbers together, and: WAH. -.-
You know why so many people in Singapore are jobless? Cos of all these volunteers lah. Not saying they're evil, maybe they didn't think that far when they decided to do voluntary work. They're really angels with a big heart full of love to do all this, but maybe they should consider carefully about all the consequences lah.
Again, THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION.
This post isn't meant to insult volunteers or offend anyone. Just wanted to express my thoughts on this.
perhaps my 道德观念 is rly very bad, as what Feng Yu once told me, cos I said: I know that you may not necessarily (darn, i forgot how to spell this word AGAIN) be happy when you're rich, but I also know that you'll NEVER be happy being poor. And when I mean poor, I mean RLY POOR. As in electricity and light kena cut off, then chase out by HDB, then no food to eat, no clothes to wear.... etc.
I apologise to all I have offended.
But at least ONE person out there has got to agree with my thinking, right?
Okay maybe not.
Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment