Monday, June 28, 2010

After A.Math

My morning started with me having difficulty tying plaits. It's always like that, I stop plaiting my hair for a few weeks due to school holidays or falling ill, then I end up going to school with messy hair when school reopens. I wonder why Nan Hua High has to be the only school in Singapore that makes it compulsory for female students to tie plaits. It's kind of something I dread now, but knowing how things change, I'll probably miss it after graduating.

Halfway through breakfast, mum screamed at me to tidy up my room. Then, Dad drove me to school for exams.

I have to admit that the A. Math paper 2 wasn't a difficult paper. But it was TEDIOUS. I screwed up a few questions and left a few blanks but I should get at least a B unless something bad crops up.... This time, I didn't feel so oh-my-gosh-i'm-dead-i'm-gonna-fail. Guess all the practice has paid off! Anyway, there's still paper 1, I could try and score higher in that paper to pull up my marks.

I went back home with Veldas and Jinsui today! It was nice catching up with old friends as we cracked jokes, laughed, complained about the examinations and talked nonsense. Jinsui showed off her intelligence but informing us that she had only lost a guaranteed less than 10 marks in her paper. I think I lost more than double of her marks.

Different people daydream about different stuff. I daydream about leading a good comfortable life (although I am already leading one), getting good grades without needing to study at all (like this will ever happen, no pain no gain!), striking lottery and winning a billion dollars, etc. Some people actually daydream about chemical and mathematic formulas! Geez, that's pretty extreme, dontcha think? Jinsui commented that people who daydream about adding concentrated hydrochloric acid to francium metal are probably potential terrorists. Veldas cheekily teased: "Better than people like you who daydream about CHINESE." We laughed hysterically at this joke and attracted some stares from passers-by. It's true! Jinsui has a whole collection of CHINESE poems at home, all written by her. I think she'll go far with her chinese language achievements, at least in Singapore. No student (maybe except the China scholars) in Singapore really pays all attention and puts in effort into mastering Chinese, so she really stands out.

Then, this guy with explosive hair walked past, mesmerising us. Veldas said: "Wow. Dragonball-Z hairstyle." This was enough to send us roaring with laughter again, especially me. I must make an effort to stop behaving like a bimbo in public.

Veldas and I had to transfer trains to get home and so we bid Jinsui farewell. Turns out Veldas has moved! We met this chubby round baby on the train who tried time and time again to grab hold of Veldas's teddybear keychain with his slimy, saliva-drenched hands. (Can they even be called hands?! They're so small!) We giggled non-stop at his innocence and bid it farewell when his mother took him away at the next stop. Veldas got off at the next stop.

Borrowed Garrick's popular membership card to purchase this supposed meaningful book composed by a local writer @ Popular Bookstore. Turns out that his card has been blocked! The saleslady told me kindly that she'd give me a discount this time but not the next. (Thankyou, Miss!) Students are poor. Upon taking a closer look, the name on Garrick's popular membership card says: "Lim Jorrick". Err.... Who's that? I didn't know Garrick has a sibling. I'll read the book after Prelims, though after browsing through it briefly, I realised it's a pretty shallow account of the writer's life. Ugh.

My music composition prelims starts an hour and forty-five minutes later. Thanks to Rachel and Yuhan for wishing me good luck! Especially to Rachel, even though you've already dropped the subject. Music lessons have never been the same without you after your abrupt departure. I miss all our conversations and gossiping on the 15 minute bus journey to St. Marg's! I guess life is all about adapting to changes and surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment