Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Skin solutions + Outrageous news = my day

Skin Solutions

Today, I accompanied my mum to the dermatologist's clinic where she had IPL and laser treatment to remove facial scars, freckles and pigmentation. The process was rather interesting, though the laser treatment to remove pigmentation was a little intimidating. I could actually hear the sizzling and my mum said she could smell a burning smell. Ouch....

After that, we went to Din Tai Fung for lunch. I love their Almond Tofu with red dates! It's a super delicious dessert. However, Din Tai Fung's food didn't taste so appetising today. Maybe we've been frequenting that restaurant too often. Time to go back to the humble hawker centres again, they always provide the cheapest and widest variety of food. Then, we bought some snacks at Subway. It's not the Subway which claims that eating its bread will help you lose weight, but this small stall at Paragon. Finally, we went over to Mount. Elizabeth Hospital, met

Dad and he drove us home.

Outrageous News

I read the New Paper yesterday and came across this outrageous news, this dramatic runaway teenage couple. The first thing that surprised me was their age difference. The guy is 19 while the girl is merely 13. And the guy is serving National Service! I can't believe he dared to run away. The girl is just a secondary one student. I know a six year age gap isn't really such a big deal, but it's different when you're a teenager -.- when I was 13 and studying as a secondary one student, I could already feel the difference in thinking and actions between me and my secondary three seniors. They were just 2 years older.

Not that I'm against BGR (Boy Girl Relationship), I'm actually okay with it. It's sweet and cute when the right boy and right girl get together, turning the whole atmosphere blissful. But this....

Here are some I-don't-approve details about this case:

1. Their difference in age.

2. They vandalised walls: "We are Dayna and Zhaolong. We are on the news for running away. They cannot catch us."

3. The girl stole $2000 from her mum and spent $1600 of it with her boyfriend throughout their 6 day escapade, dining at restaurants, shopping for new clothes, shoes and watches, dyeing their hair and getting hair extensions, getting tatoos on their legs, getting piercings, etc.

4. The guy ran away from National Service.

5. When approached by plain clothes officers, they ran away. The girl was caught while the guy climbed onto a parapet on the 10th storey of a block of flats. Then, he threatened to jump. In the end, he did, but onto some spony bed set up by the safety people. LOL? I think he suffered abrasians to his arm.

6. The girl says she does not regret running away because she got to do everything her mum dissaproved of and she could spend day and night with her boyfriend.

7. The guy had sex with a minor (her).

Some other scribblings on the wall included writings about how the guy hated NS, his life, etc. Okay, mister, you hate NS? Then do you like jail? I wouldn't really go about criticising the girl because she's actually still quite young. When you're young, you're foolish, right? Though she really shouldn't spend so much money. Her mum is a single-mum for goodness's sake, she should spare a thought for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment