Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back from the doctor's


Today was the first time I went to see the doctor's since coming to Melbourne. Earlier in the morning I'd rung the clinic up to fix a time. The only available slot was at 3.15pm so I had no choice but to leave early during EAP and rush to Lygon Court. I reached just on time! I still ended up waiting at least half an hour before seeing the doctor though. Raymond was really kind, he waited for me and I'm really grateful :)

The checkup was pretty simple, I related my problems to the doc, he pressed my abdominal area to check for irregularities and explained my discomfort. Then he prescribed stronger medicine than what I'm already taking, which I eventually did not collect because I've still got 2 bottles of my old tablets to finish up. The doctor actually recommended birth control pills if the medication he prescribed still didn't work, something which my previous gynaecologist had already mentioned (and did not make my mum very comfortable). All went well, my questions about my dependency on painkillers were answered, I finally know what's going on with my body to cause the pain and I got my medical certificate which I'll hand in to student welfare tomorrow. Hurrah!

Hopefully Monica doesn't talk to me about me skipping maths lecture. Ugh.

From now on, I shall attend ALL LECTURES AND TUTORIALS.

No comments:

Post a Comment