Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lonely Mooncake Festival

It just hit me how we have pet names for everything. Isn't Mooncake Festival officially known as the Mid Autumn Festival?

No one wants to spend such festivals alone, but sometimes we don't really have a choice, so I took it in my stride ;) As Bob Marley said: Some people feel the rain; others just get wet. Special thanks to Christine for texting me about the moon. It reminded me to get out of my room (and even out of the hostel) to take a closer look. It occurred to me then, that the moon is the same everywhere, and somewhere out there, someone I care for is looking at the same thing as well.

So I stood there in the cold, but somehow I didn't feel that cold. It's like something was warming me up from within.

I still can't find my camera (FML, I need to take it back to SG for fixing) so all I could get where the following shots which I desperately tried to save with editing.


The photo above turned out looking a bit like sunrise and I left it like that because I kinda like it. Sometimes darkness and light aren't that different. The lines are always blurred.




Mega thanks to Nihal for helping me to take the above shot, even though it took me a lot of persuading and accepting his endless complaints and grudges! "I'm in bed... do I really have to do this? I walked you home two times blah blah blah" and I'm like: "HELL YEAH OF COURSE!". Muahaha okay maybe that's not exactly how the conversation went, but you get the idea.

Gotta admit it's a really good photo.

So Tuesday went by as per normal. I didn't skip any classes today, despite being released real early from bio lecture. I could have gone home and slept, but no, I went straight to Swanston for Math lecture~ I'm so proud of myself! Once again, I helped 5 idiots sign for their attendance even though they weren't present. I'm doing that every week and I'm so screwed if it gets found out. Had a nice chat with Melinda and we camwhored, but the photos aren't with me.

Finally got to chat with Nick Khoo again. I just realised that he's actually a good student who really cares about grades and conduct. Well, at least compared to me ;)



I WANT THIS SO BADLY I SWEAR :(
OLYMPUS EP3 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment