Friday, October 7, 2011

Valuable friendship

The past week has been really eventful and I'm really grateful to have such great friends! I'm gonna miss them so much again when I'm back in Melbourne. I seriously can't wait to graduate and get back to SG for a 2 and a half month holiday.

Here're the photos from Monday's trip to watch Fright Night ^^




Visited Joon's house on Tuesday! I first met Joon at Jurong East MRT station and we headed over to NTUC Fairprice to get some snacks and drinks. Guan met us there and after paying for our items, we took a bus to her place.

We watched this really good movie called "Hello Ghost". It's a Korean film and I was so amazed by all the major themes it managed to touch on. It was funny with sad parts here and there, then there was this major abrupt twist at the end which made me shed tears. It was just so touching. Everyone should go watch this film! Guan said that he went home to hug his mum and give her a peck on the cheek after that.

We cooked Maggie Mee in campbell soup for dinner and I whipped up a plate of meat with groceries bought from Sheng Siong! There was one outlet just downstairs so it was really convenient. The meat tasted a little weird, but then we just dumped the whole lot into the soup and the outcome was quite good. They were the most special yummy noodles I've ever tasted! Now that I think about it, the combination of ingredients we used was really weird. Curry MSG powder, campbell mushroom seafood soup, maggie mee.... O.O


Such gatherings aren't complete without liquor. We drank Guan's vodka and my whisky! Mmmm~

We met up the next day at JP and had wonderful yummilicious brunch at Old Town White Coffee! Omg we gotta go back there again, it's really value for money, compared with the other cafes. Wasn't wearing my contacts because my eyes were swollen from the previous night.

I met Benjamin in the evening and we ate dinner at Bedok's hawker centre. We also bought some finger food at the Pasar Malam and then headed to East Coast Park. We walked along the beach and finally found a clean spot! The sound of the waves was really great, I finally understood why Ben wanted to go there. It was nice to catch up with each others' lives and talk about Physics, hahaha! I could have fallen asleep lying in the sand because the atmosphere was really soothing.

Somehow, Ben sometimes seems to have everything. And he's earned them all based on his capabilities. It would be good if I were someone like him; someone with a goal and passion. At the end of the day, your family background, past or appearances don't matter. It's your determination in achieving something which counts. And that's what I really lack.

What is the meaning of life, really? Ben's a friend I'd like to stay in contact with for many many years to come. Sure, he's such a geek, but I'm actually interested in whatever he has to say.


So today, I baked egg tarts with mum!





The egg tarts turned out okay,

Halfway through bathing, CK suddenly shouted at me that my friends had come visiting. I was so shocked! Turns out Joon and Guan came to celebrate my belated birthday. Hahaha it was the greatest surprise ever, I totally didn't expect a thing. Love them so much! It was funny stepping out of the shower room with my hair dripping wet and no make-up at all on my face for such an important time, but I really enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment