Thursday, October 20, 2011

What is the truth


Alicia's mychonny shirt arrived this week! It's so cute that I wish I'd ordered one for myself too. Should I get the "Hey angel you duh sexy" design? Hahaha. Maybe I'll get one for Cheng Kai, he's done pretty well in his exams this time and I promised to reward him.


I wish I'd shipped my harp over, I really miss playing it and my musical skills are going down the drain. I do feel sad that I didn't get a chance to venture further past my Music "O" levels and Grade 8 (piano) and Grade 5 (harp), but I suppose life is about making sacrifices to achieve an ultimate goal. The problem is, I still haven't figured out what that goal is. Maybe I should consider studying Bachelor of Music in a double degree in university, but I don't think I'm up for it. One, I'm not even that good. Two, I'm too lazy. Plus, I'll feel so inferior when facing the real musical talents O.O


Kudos to Melinda for snapping this pic on Tuesday, just before Math lecture ^^ and sorry to the poor guy behind me because we caught him in an unglam moment. I may be popping by Melinda and Christine's place this Saturday morning to pass them some titbits. Haven't visited them for a really long time. Wonder if their house is still as messy, hahaha!

Either way, I'll never forget how kind they were to me.

Went for Drama class yesterday! We've been allocated into our respective performing groups and I'm with Truc, Jie Rou, Roy and Zi. I like my group members, they're all nice and considerate. We managed to come up with a rough storyline for our upcoming play and since Roy was absent, we made him the main character. MUAHAHAHA. I was put in charge to type out the storyline and I promised to do it right after my oral presentation.

I had my oral presentation after lunch and I was so nervous throughout! I'm really bad at presentations and I sometimes stutter throughout, so I typed out a 1697 word script to refer to while talking. However, EHH's printer ran out of paper when I tried to print it, so I rushed to class at a loss, feeling extremely anxious and frightened. Not a good feeling. I had a last minute stroke of genius thinking and I emailed it to my own email account, then decided to refer to my iPhone during the presentation. I was the last person for yesterday's session to present my topic to the class, and I was really impressed with Jane's performance. She didn't refer to any Q cards or slips of paper; she was so familiar with the topic and delivered it really smoothly, despite having a cough.

Most of the next few people did refer to external materials and I realised it didn't really look too good, it made them seem as if they hadn't done enough presentation and weren't familiar with their topic. So when it was my turn to present, I had this sudden burst of confidence and within the first 30 seconds, put my phone down on the table and crapped out a bunch of weird logic but just looking at my slides.

Overall it went relatively smoothly, although I left out a lot of information I had wanted to touch on because my mind went blank here and there. I did stutter (no shock there) and I ended the presentation really sloppily because I realised I was going overtime. Irina told me I'd done a really good job when I got back to my seat, but then Marco (my EAP teacher) requested to see me after class. I was so freaked out!!! He even waited till everyone was gone before he addressed the problems with my presentation. I thought I was in serious trouble.

Turns out he wanted to tell me that he felt my nerves had overcome my ability to bring across my personality in the presentation. He also highlighted the fact that I'd stayed rooted to the spot throughout the whole 12 minutes, and not made use of my hands to gesture. I was like: "Shit...." when he pointed it out, but he told me not to worry too much so I think I should be able to get an okay score.

Got home and started working on the drama storyline. Our theme is Fate and Destiny and I'm really worried that I didn't come up with a good enough plot. I really need to do well for drama because it's counted in the English marks, and right now, English is the only subject I'm doing better in -.- Will be meeting up with the others after school on Friday to have some further discussion and practice! Anyway, after completing the rough plan for the storyline, I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep. As a result, I missed dinner at got up at midnight to make myself some food - Dumpling and meatball soup.

And this was my lunch today~


I contemplated skipping literature and math tutorial today because I was so tired. But I didn't wanna let Jack Lyn have to present our Hamlet assignment alone. Tom's supposed to be have done it with us, but he was absent (again) and I expected it, so I forced myself to go. I actually like literature tutorial, but it's been hard keeping awake during lesson for the past 2 weeks. Hamlet is wonderful, it's a really good play, but it's kinda boring... Until we really start analysing the ideas and hidden messages.

Khai Ean and I went out to get some drinks and snacks at KFC before math tutorial. She's so bubbly. And smart. I feel so stupid and depressed being surrounded by all these intelligent people who are scoring so well. I need to work harder!

Yet another week is almost gone. Can't believe it's already Friday tomorrow! Exams are around the corner and I'm so unprepared.

There's biology practical class tomorrow and I really really dread it.... Ah well, tata for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment