Back from leadership camp.
First day
Gathered in school hall at 7.25 am in the morning. As expected, some people were late, for various reasons. Then we were assigned groups. I was with Rachel! We surrenderred all our valuables obediently to the teachers, only realising that we were stupid to have given them our phones. They didn't even check our bags for them! Okay, after some announcements and talks given by the camp chief & teachers, and instructions by trainers, we were off to the campsite.
We were intro-ed to our trainers after walking into the ulu campsite & assembling properly. Our trainer was Karen, and she was really quite cute.
The first activity we did together was really... hahas. Everyone was kinda quiet, since we didn't really know each other, then we kind of got closer during the first activity. A little lah. There was this hidden message in our paper. We were supposed to write objectives & expectations on it, and there was hidden message in it. LOL. It was super funny. XD almost drove Karen crazy.
Had lunch after that. Really fast ok. We weren't even hungry. However, to gain as much energy as possible, I forced myself to avoid taking lesser food. We were in charge of serving the campers their food then, and I was in charge of giving everyone one piece of fried fish. I didn't have any trouble in doing so, except with Shao Hui, who moved his plate away from me when I tried to give him one. After serving all the campers, the trainers served us and rushed us back to our seats. We started to dig in.
I think this is the first camp I have attended that doesn't require cheers during meals.
After that was the workshop. I found out that I have an 'influencial' (I) personality, according to the disc profiling. Then we were assigned into further different groups according to our personalities. Almost the whole 210 was in our group. XD. We 210-ers are so super. We were given this challenge of blowing up balloons and building them to form the highest tower possible. Knowing that we would lose after numerous burstings of balloons, Feng Yu took up a pen and started bursting the balloons one by one, with everyone staring at us.
Played the high elements after that. WHAO, the flying fox/zip line rocked. It was super cool, and I had a second go at it. Not scary at all! Quite thrilling actually. The pole challenge was nice as well. I really successfully overcame my fear of heights today. I successfully climbed up the tall pole, balanced on the small surface area after standing up, and jumped towards the (-). I dunno what it's called =/ but it's like... a monkey bar. We were supposed to jump towards it and grab hold of it. I did that successfully :] but my sweaty palms slipped off the slippery surface about 1 second later, after a brief moment of jubilance. Eh come on, not bad liao lor!
The rest I shall skip.
Shower time was..... Hahas. Quite okay for me! XD
Had dinner, yeah, then went to sleep after debrief.
Second Day
Had general station games and team building stuff today. And the IRON CHEF COMPETITION. General stations games required us to carry each other through a tyre (the hole lah). I hope I didn't give my teammates a lot of trouble, in case I was difficult to carry! And then there was the swinging from a 'broken bridge' (actually a log) to the platform on a rope. I DIED IN THE 'RIVER' in between. Swang backwards after unsuccessfully getting off the rope onto the platform and got eaten by crocodiles. Team building... Our team used 1 second to pass the ball to every of our 15 teammates succesfully! Pro hor? POPIAH ROCKS! Yes that's our group name. Then we had to hold hands and pass this rope around, still holding hands. The rope had to pass through us. We did ok for that. Lunch, then iron chef competition!
Some of us went around shopping at the dormitories for food & cooking supplies plus equipment. The trainers had set up imaginary stalls there and we were given a fixed amount of fake money to buy stuff. Bargained and bargained, then went back and started cooking. I was in charge of chopping the stuff and Kai Xin settled the chicken meat. He's really pro. A fly flew into our macoroni when it was cooking. Lol. In the end, our pasta turned out okay =D
After that debrief and all the same things. Karen let us off early! How nice of her! So we were the first girls in the toilet waiting for our turn to bathe. Yay! Since we were so early, I didn't see a need to sneak into the boys toilet another time. Then we turned in. Me & Ya Xue were laughing at each other so much. Jin Sui told us a ghost story, and a small shout from me made two other girls scream. =X oops.
3rd Day
This can be considered as second day as well lah =.= Woke up at 3 plus to prepare for our night hike. Waited and waited for each group to finish, cos we were sent out by pairs. In the end, the night hike became a morning hike. I could go with Rachel! Cos there were odd-numbered campers. In the end, I got paired up with Kai Xin, who was walking really fast all the way. We had to walk through the dark forest only relying on the moonlight, which honestly wasn't too bright. WITHOUT TORCHLIGHTS. Cos they wanted us to use the natural elements. Lol. I couldn't really see, but managed to avoid puddles of water and mud. The rest was really lame.
Okay, boring stuff then back to school. Took back our valuables.
Then checked examination papers. I totally screwed up?
No comments:
Post a Comment