Friday, October 31, 2008

Post



I really feel sorry for Mrs Tan sometimes. The way everyone criticises her & all.
But...
She really can't conduct :\
& I prefer Ms Wong's style. Mrs Tan rushes a lot (& she actually scolds us for rushing), she drills us in a kinda useless way, and she invents funny speeds & introduces weird playing ways we're not used to.

Arrived for harp practice late today, cos I had piano lesson mah! Okay, I know that's a stupid excuse. I shall tell the truth, I DID have piano lesson, but I totally forgot that we were having extra hours today to replace the ones we missed on Tuesday. =X ooops.

Seniors & fellow sec two harp mates had warned me about Mrs Tan's conducting that day, and Valerie had given me some tips on how to follow her, so I was expecting something not that good. You might think that after knowing this, I wouldn't be so shocked, but I turned out totally shocked & exasperated by her conducting. Almost all of our usual playing style and tempo had been changed. Her Cannon in D & Sakura nearly caused me a heart attack.

I'm so sorry, Mrs Tan.

The performing environment and the Marina Barrage was horrible -.-
We went there for the rehearsal. I dread performing there tomorrow. The place is hot, noisy and uncomfortable :\
& The stage is pathetically small. Yes it is.

After rehearsal, I collected my lunch (which became dinner in the end) and headed for home with Valerie & Xue Miao. Me & Val went for some bubbletea at sweetalk, and Xue Miao went home to care for her younger brother. He's 8 and was alone at home, poor little thing.

Val suggested that I eat at Clementi Central, since it seemed kinda stupid bringing a packet of rice back home in my hands. Really in my hands, no plastic bag! Just one styrofoam box. Diao right? So we found a bench, sat down, ate our lunch (Val bought bread), sipped our bubbletea and started chit chatting.

I really mean chit chatting. We sat there gossiping, discussing about all sorts of stuff. For 2 hours! Shiok right? I'm not gonna blog about the content of our talk. It's none of your business. XD



A video of my dear seniors. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment