I heard a lot of ghost stories from the internet, friends and books (like the famous True Singapore Ghost Stories). Some really freaked me out. A person really close to me shared this true encounter with me and I promise she wasn't lying cos she's really really close to me!
Ellen* was taking accounting classes at this school. During break, she and her two friends needed to use the toilet and walked to the nearest one to their class.

Yeah I know it's damn ugly. Anyway, they walked past the secretary office (opposite the toilet) when they heard this scream. A woman's scream. They weren't sure if it had come from the toilet or office.
This scream wasn't the common scream girls unleash when they get excited about something or scared of a bug. It was the sad and panic-striken scream of someone in danger. Ellen and her three friends got freaked out and ran in terror back to class.
After some time, Ellen's friends decided they really had to use the toilet. So they walked back, reassuring themselves that they had just been silly and imagined it. So what if the scream really existed? Must have been some girls screaming over something great.
When they reached the toilet, they pushed the door open. But it didn't budge, it seemed to be locked. Thinking that someone had locked the door inside, they knocked on the door. It swung open.
"jing4 lai2.." said this high-pitched, unnaturally sweet and eerie voice coming from inside. (It means come in in mandarin). As expected, Ellen and her 2 friends ran away in fright and dashed into the secretary office. They informed her about their strange encounter and she too, was strangely flustered and panicky. It seemed like she knew something and was scared out of wits, even more freaked out than them. She ordered them to get back to class as soon as possible and not visit that toilet ever again.
The three friends decided to tell their fierce and tough male teacher about what had happened. His face turned pale before telling them off for being foolish. He insisted that someone was playing a prank on them. But Ellen and her friends knew better.
The voice had been too strange and creepy to be a human's voice. What about the pitiful scream they heard? And the secretary's and teacher's reactions? They concluded that something was terribly wrong with that toilet and never went there again.
*fake name
But then I read this, an article titled The Origin Of Ghosts. (Scroll down cos the article is at the bottom)
Oh gosh even typing out this story makes me really scared, I'm alone at home right now!
So what do you guys think about this? I don't think we will ever find out any evidence to prove that ghosts exist.
I have to say that sometimes the mind does play tricks on us. In a dark area or in panicky situations, we tend to think we see something strange, but we're just... hallucinating? Anyway, I just think playing safe is the best way to avoid these stuff. Even if we don't believe in them, we should learn to respect them. This is my opinion.
I remember doing this stupid thing during cultural camp. I announced loudly that there were no such things as ghosts when we were going up to our hostel rooms and Jie Yi warned me to not talk about these stuff. I was freaked out. I didn't really not believe in ghosts that time, I was just trying to be a heroine. Lol. Quite dumb huh.
I spent the night in my small room with the blanket wrapped tightly around me from chin to feet even though it was super warm. I even called someone for help -.- and I regret that to this day cos that someone is an idiot! I scanned my surroundings for any strange sights and prepared to dash out of the room if I saw anything. It resulted in me bolting up from bed at any noise or small movements by bugs and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment